1. Attitude: In order to succeed in anything, you must have a positive attitude and carry it forward even during the toughest times in your personal or professional life. It is very easy and takes no effort to have negative thoughts and have a negative attitude. But, what is the benefit of having a negative attitude? Is that going to help you in any way? If you agree that it is not going to help you in anyway, then your only option should be having a positive attitude. If you adopt it as a way of life, it would bring constructive changes into your life, and makes them happier, brighter and more successful.
2. Awareness: Sometimes, you may not be consciously aware of what kind of an attitude you have about the events or people in your life. This is because majority of the thoughts you think in a day are habits that you have developed by repeatedly thinking the same thoughts over a long period of time. To check if you are having a negative attitude about anything or anyone in your life, ask yourself:
- What area of my life / Which person in my life am I having negative thoughts about?
- What can I do to have a positive attitude in that area of life / about that person?
- How is being negative affecting me and my life? How would being positive affect me and my life?
3. Accountability: Once you have consciously decided to develop a positive attitude, you must absolutely make sure you put it into practice and maintain this new attitude of yours. You are the only person accountable & responsible for your life and the results you get and experiences you have is a direct reflection of your attitude. Having an accountability buddy is very useful. Ask a friend / family member / colleague who has a positive attitude to keep you in check. In case you say or behave with the old negative attitude ask them to remind you about your new positive attitude. Or, keep a journal / small notebook and write down at least once a day about 5 things, situations or people that you are positive about. Making this a regular practice will do wonders for you and your life!